Textiles, Films, Paper
- Micro PLC
- Flat Panel Operator Interface
- AC Flux Vector Drives
- AC motors reduce installation and maintenance costs, an improvement over DC drives that are expensive to implement and maintain, and need more frequent maintenance.
- Flexible standard drives and motors keep costs of parts lower.
- Off-the-shelf PLC technology more cost-efficient than larger PLCs in drive systems.
- Operators have manual and auto-reverse controls to stop, reverse and move inspection frames forward again to check for possible product flaws.
- Flexible operator interfaces allow for better control, which leads to improved product quality.
- Tension control is made possible through two AC Flux Vector drives, providing speed regulation down to 0.01%.
- These drives are connected with a digital link that allows them to run in a digitally locked ratio loop, so the master speed can be automatically adjusted as needed.
- The Micro PLC provides the master speed reference and coordinates machine control.
- The system provides 1% tension regulation over the entire speed range.
- A color flat panel operator interface is used for machine setup, capturing of information, and machine diagnostics.