Electronic Line Shaft with Ratio Control
Textiles, Paper, Printing, Film, Any application currently using mechanical line shafts
- Mid-range PLC
- Standard Drives and Motors
- High-speed PLC LAN
- Lowers costs.
- Reduces manufacturing and start-up times.
- Simplifies maintenance.
- Increases system throughput.
- More efficient than a DC system that uses separate digital controls, making it difficult to centrally pinpoint problems and malfunctions.
- Leads to faster and more flexible machine setups.
- Allows for modular machine design.
- A mid-range PLC with three two-axis positioning modules (APM) operates as an integrated motion controller.
- The APM sends velocity commands to the AC drives, and the position loop on the APM is closed with encoder feedback.
- While the PLC exchanges data with the APM for overall machine control, the APM modules control the position loop independent of the PLC scan time.
- An analog input from a dancer provides tighter closed loop control.
- Motion control and PLC are now able to operate on the same backpane, simplifying operator interface.
- With a single program for logic and motion, machine programming can be executed more easily and with greater accuracy.